Welcome to 2012 - this is going to be a fantastic year for our family, and we hope it will be the same for you and yours.
In the spirit of resolutions, I wanted to list out some of mine. I'm going to group into 2 categories - pre- and post-departure.
- Continue with the planning (and try not freak out)
- Make the hard decisions easy (will be tough to do as we get rid of our stuff
- Continue to be present (while planning for the future)
Alex and Leah wanted to contribute their resolutions, so here are theirs:
Leah (age 9)
- Discovering new things and going on adventures
- Eating new foods that I haven't ate
- Meeting new people and trying to make friends
Alex (age 12)
- Snorkeling on Magnetic Island in Australia
- Playing soccer with Juanchi in Santiago, Chile (and visiting his family)
- View the "big heads" (Moai) on Rapa Nui via horseback
I know that Anne has her own, but I'll let her write her own post.
I'm very excited about this year - sure, we have a ton of work left to do before we can hit the road, but the community of other travelers is so supportive and informative (specifically the MeetPlanGo! team and the folks we follow on Twitter). It's going to be good year...